About Aerial Applications
At Aerial Applications, our vision is to make the physical world knowable. We do this by making software to rapidly create maps, and share those maps collaboratively.
Aerial Applications is a software company that uses drones and artificial intelligence to create maps that provide real-time situational intelligence to first responders. Our goal is to create the software backbone for fully autonomous mobile systems operating as machine constituents in the future of work.
If you love the idea of working in an emerging field with cutting edge technology and solving massive problems, this is a great company for you.About the position
Aerial Applications is seeking a full-time Back End Software Developer. The ideal candidate will be an analytical and results-driven person who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current back-end applications and processes. The Back End Software Developer will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users.
We are a rapidly growing company and plenty of opportunities for career development as you grow with us. This position is located at Aerial Application’s headquarters in Washington, DC, however, there is opportunity to work remotely.Personality sought
Duties and Responsibilities
- You take pride in your craft, knowing that your professional work reflects your inner discipline and commitment to excellence.
- You are able to work in a team environment. You don’t have a problem going head down to complete your tasks, but you also know when to ask for help with a difficult problem.
- Desire to continuously learn and grow, sharing new tools and methods with the team.
- Willingness and ability to innovate, going beyond a tactical support role to critically analyze work objectives and suggest strategies.
- Positive, curious, and open-minded perspective. Support for, and curiosity about, Aerial Application’s mission.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- Proven work experience as a Back-end developer.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment).
- Design secure, stable, and robust architecture.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Collaborate with frontend engineers to add support for complex user interfaces.
- OO language experience (e.g., C++, Java, Rust, C#)
- SQL and NoSQL database experience
- Experience with Agile, GitFlow, CI/CD procedures
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud systems (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud)
Aerial Applications provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Experience with ExpressJS, GraphQL
- Experience with security and data protection systems
- Familiarity with AI/ML pipelines