About Aerial Applications
At Aerial Applications, our vision is to make the physical world knowable. We do this by making software to rapidly create maps and share those maps collaboratively.
Aerial Applications is a software company that uses drones and artificial intelligence to create maps that provide real-time situational intelligence to first responders. Our goal is to create the software backbone for fully autonomous mobile systems operating as machine constituents in the future of work.
If you love the idea of working in an emerging field with cutting edge technology and solving massive problems, this is a great company for you.About the position
Aerial Applications is seeking a full-time Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will work along with our excellent software development team and be responsible for working on projects that are currently being developed by Aerial. Duties will include but are not limited to developing and directing software system validation and testing methods, as well as directing our software programming initiatives. You will also be working closely with clients and cross-functional departments to communicate project statuses and proposals.
We are a rapidly growing company and plenty of opportunities for career development as you grow with us. This position is located at Aerial Application’s headquarters in Washington, DC.Personality sought
Duties and Responsibilities
- You take pride in your craft, knowing that your professional work reflects your inner discipline and commitment to excellence.
- You are able to work in a team environment. You don’t have a problem going head down to complete your tasks, but you also know when to ask for help with a difficult problem.
- Desire to continuously learn and grow, sharing new tools and methods with the team.
- Willingness and ability to innovate, going beyond a tactical support role to critically analyze work objectives and suggest strategies.
- Positive, curious, and open-minded perspective. Support for, and curiosity about, Aerial Application’s mission.
Skills and Qualifications (Required)
- Building resilient systems for accelerated data processing
- Using GPU accelerated libraries to create parallelized methods
- Improving efficiency through AI/ML techniques
- Writing code that follows best practices (that we can tell you all about)
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
- OO language experience (eg. Java, Rust, C++, Go, C#, Swift)
- An understanding of memory management and data structures
- An understanding of algorithms (Parallel and Distributed are a plus)
- NoSQL Database experience (eg. MongoDB, Google FireBase, AWS DynamoDB)
- Efficient communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
Aerial Applications provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- Experience in Mathematics (eg. Linear Algebra, Graph Theory, Analysis, Differential Equations)
- Exposure to Systems (eg. Operating Systems, Networks)
- Exposure to AI/ML (eg. AI class, personal project (github link appreciated), or work experience)
- Foundational knowledge of the underlying concepts for the above three is just as valuable as work experience, and we encourage anyone with either to apply.
- Bonus: Knowledge of photogrammetric processes, Structure from Motion, or Multi View Stereo Geometry