Amida Technology Solutions is a DC-based technology company focused on solutions for data interoperability, data utility, and data security. We create open-source solutions that collect, reconcile, transform, and standardize data for business intelligence, predictive analytics, decision support, and user transactions. We specialize in taking data from inception to impact.
Our team is comprised of creative, forward thinkers who are passionate about using cutting edge technology to make a difference in people's lives and have a positive impact on our country. We offer an entrepreneurial, high growth environment that values fresh ideas, candid conversations, and authentic teamwork.
Amida is currently looking for a Data Scientist to join our team in Washington, DC. In this role you will work across our client engagements, providing expertise in data collection, data analysis, data mapping, data profiling, data mining, and data modeling. You will be responsible for inspecting, cleansing, transforming, and modeling data and will address issues related to data completeness and quality, as well as contribute to and produce technical and data process documentation.
What you will be doing:
- Prepare and conduct analyses and studies, needs assessment, and requirements analysis to align systems and solutions
- Apply analytical methodologies and principles to meet client needs.
- Prepare forecast and analyze trends, develops and analyze metrics, and prepares reports and recommendations.
- Implement NLP models for extracting medical information from unstructured notes.
- You will also be responsible for focusing on business performance, project analysis, internal control, risk assessment, and support of project objectives.
- M.S. and/or PhD in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics (or related)
- 8+ years of recent professional experience in data science, data mining, data analysis, business process analysis, and/or healthcare analytics
- 3+ years of experience using SQL to evaluate data
- 5+ years working with Machine Learning and/or Natural Language Processing (particular Named Entity Recognition) methodologies
- 5+ years of programming experience in a subset of Python
- Prior experience working with Healthcare data, or in the Healthcare field
- Ability to conduct data profiling and predictive analysis using a variety of standard tools
- Experience with data visualization tools and methodologies
- Excellent ability to communicate concisely and effectively with software engineers and clients
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS) and cloud-based systems
- Previous experience working with government clients such as Dept. of Defense (DoD) or Dept. of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Prior experience with metadata management to include meta-tagging
- Previous experience working in an Agile Team setting and using Agile management tools such as Jira
- Experience conducting business process analysis to identify gaps and inefficiencies
- Ability to uncover data-driven insights using statistical analysis or predictive analytics
- Experience with machine learning, natural language, and statistical analysis methods to include classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and/or validation methods