Are you passionate about solving complex problems in availability, scalability, and performance? Do you seek to make an impact on both people and product? At Appian, Managers of Software Development provide not only hands on technical leadership, but also create situations to ignite the professional growth and success of individuals on their teams. As a hands on technical leader you will help us transform our current architecture to cloud native through the amazing Kubernetes platform. As a Manager, you will provide direct 1-on-1 mentoring, coaching, and career development to a group of brilliant software engineers. What is Appian? It’s a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
- You have broad technical understanding across multiple technology layers as well as deep technical knowledge of large-scale distributed systems and all things containerization
- You are familiar with the inner workings of Docker containers with Kubernetes
- You are excited by Kubernetes and eager to help us use it to take our product to new heights
- You want to work with other passionate engineers who care about innovation, efficiency, and collaboration
- You care about fostering a culture of learning, growth, and career development for software engineers
- You yourself are a hands on software engineer, comfortable coding up to 50% of the time
- Hands on technical leadership and collaboration to grow and maintain Appian’s world-class platform through Agile methodologies and tools
- Effectively manage, develop, and guide up to 6 direct reports through mentoring and coaching
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to hire great talent and provide input for creating staffing plans with departmental leadership
- Be an agent for change, at both the team and departmental level.
- Performance of HR Management tasks related to each direct report; such as timesheet approval, communication of raises and bonuses, performance reviews, etc.