Aveshka has opportunities for you to become part of our high-quality team that delivers innovative solutions to key federal clients. We are currently seeking a Front-end Engineer to work as a part of a team to build new software. Our existing team is made up of broad technical expertise that you’ll help to expand.
You will work directly alongside product managers, designers, engineers and data scientists to create novel, customer facing, software that addresses various business needs.
This position is 100% Remote
- Coordinating User Experience (UX/workflow) with other team members; such as backend engineering, data science, and graphic design
- Decomposing problems, researching solutions, and converting tasks into deliverables
- Working in a pair programming environment
- Coordinating with backend engineering for integration efforts
- Completion of or within 12 months of B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices and techniques
- Passion for growing your skills and solving interesting problems
- Empathy and strong communication skills
- Experience using git for version control
- Experience developing applications with TypeScript (including AngularJS and React), as well as commonly used modules
- Experience working with build automation (e.g. CI/CD, use of ESLint / TSLint, automated testing, and packaging)
- Experience in full-stack Software Development using programming languages such as Python, Java, C# (.NET), or Ruby
- Experience with Functional Programming (preferred), or Object-Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of additional web protocols (e.g. WebSockets, GraphQL, gRPC, or SignalR)
- Experience deploying to Android, iOS, and cloud environments
Aveshka is a professional services firm focused on addressing our nation’s most complex threats and challenges. As a small business we’re committed to supporting our clients’ missions with services delivered by our diverse and experienced staff. With expertise in cybersecurity, emergency preparedness, and public health, our experience base spans federal, state, and local governments, as well as private sector entities.
Aveshka encourages collaborative communication and ongoing learning. Some of our benefits include:
- Extensive training programs
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Technology benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid time off and much more!