Position Requires a Top Secret Security Clearance
Barbaricum is seeking a talented software engineer to serve as a technologist and developer on a multi-disciplinary agile engineering team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about solving challenging problems, mission focused, and excited about applying open source technologies to process and analyze big data in support of Special Operations.
What You Will Do:
- Solve technical challenges through proactively identifying approaches and implementing solutions using knowledge of the customer, project based needs, and understanding of the mission.
- Write algorithms with trillions of records using geotemporal analytics to discover patterns
- Utilize 320 node HPC to apply open source technologies to analyze petabytes of data at scale
- Direct support to a SOF customer focused on achieving real world outcomes every day who will remove all roadblocks to make coding "easy" (you will not run into challenges you may have previously had elsewhere supporting a government high side project)
- Work with a small team of technologists to solve complex problems using the latest technology from a hardware AND software perspective
You Must Have:
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Advanced skills coding with one or more of the following languages: Python, Java
- 10-25 years of experience
Things That Will Help You Be Successful
- Previous or current mission focused work experience supporting users
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Elasticsearch, Neo4j or other big data and graph products
- Experience with geospatial data and the development of geospatially based analytical models
- Experience with text processing such as entity disambiguation, entity extraction, searching (e.g., Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch), topic extraction, summarization, clustering, etc.
- Familiarity with Web services environment and technologies such as XML, KML, SOAP, or JSON
- B.A./ B.S. in Computer Science or related fields (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering)
- M.S. in Computer Science or related fields (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering)
Compensation: $125k - 220k