Coalfire is the cybersecurity advisor that helps private and public sector organizations avert threats, close gaps, and effectively manage risk. Our professionals are among the most talented in the industry, and each and every day, they strive to provide the unbiased assessments, advice, and innovative solutions that help our clients meet their specific challenges and build long-term strategies to protect their organizations. For nearly 20 years, we’ve been on the cutting-edge of one of the world’s most important industries – and we’re committed to making the world a safer place by solving our clients’ toughest security challenges.
What you'll do
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Coalfire within our Cloud Managed Services group, you will be a self-starter, passionate about cloud technology, and thrive on problem solving. You will work within major public clouds, utilizing automation and your technical abilities to operate the most cutting edge offerings from Cloud Service Providers (CSPs). This role directly supports leading cloud software companies to provide seamless reliability and scalability of their SaaS product to the largest enterprises and government agencies around the world.
- Become a member of a highly-collaborative engineering team offering a unique blend of Cloud Engineers
- Maintain a resilient, secure, and efficient cloud-hosted platform to meet established SLAs while supporting the rollout of new software releases and maintenance updates
- Work across a myriad of technology stacks in leading cloud providers like AWS, Azure, and GCP, understanding and utilizing their unique native services in deployments
- Be familiar with using automated orchestration and configuration management techniques. Understand the design, deployment, and management of secure and compliant enterprise servers, network infrastructure, boundary protection, and cloud architectures using Infrastructure-as-Code
- Coordinate with client product teams, Engineering team members, and other stakeholders to build, monitor, and maintain a secure cloud-hosted infrastructure via automation in both production and non-production environments
- Configure and tune cloud-based tools, manage cost, security, and compliance for the client’s environments
- Design, build, and maintain environment-specific alerts and dashboards via analytics tools such as Splunk and Elastic Stack
- Monitor and resolve site stability and performance issues
- Work closely with client DevOps and product teams to provide 24x7x365 support to environments
- Participate in on-call rotations as needed to support client operational needs that may lay outside of business hours
- Conduct testing and data reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of current security and operational measures
- Authoring and peer review of detailed design and security documentation, inclusive of vendor best practices
What you'll bring
- BS or above in related Information Technology field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years experience in 24x7x365 production operations
- 2+ years of experience supporting cloud operations and automation in Azure, AWS, and/or GCP
- 2+ years of experience with Infrastructure-as-Code and orchestration/automation tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Strong experience with IaaS platform capabilities and services (cloud certifications preferred)
- Experience working within an automated CI/CD pipeline for release development, testing, remediation, and deployment
- Experience working within container orchestration solutions such as Kubernetes, Docker, EKS and/or ECS
- Experience with vulnerability management tools and data to ensure provisioning of secure, patched resources
- Experience using analytics tools such as Splunk and Elastic Stack for querying, monitoring and alerting
- Experience within ticketing tool solutions such as Jira and ServiceNow
- Expertise in at least one primary scripting language (Bash, Python, PowerShell)
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills in a dynamic environment
- Effective documentation skills, to include technical diagrams and written descriptions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with professional attitude and demeanor
- Critical thinking, and ability to balance environmental requirements with mission needs
- Previous experience supporting a 24x7x365 highly-available environment for a SaaS vendor
- Experience contributing to security incident handling and investigation, and/or system scenario recreation
- Cloud-based networking experience (Palo Alto, Cisco ASAv, etc.…)
- Familiarity with frameworks such as FedRAMP, FISMA, SOC, ISO, HIPAA, HITRUST, PCI, etc.
- Familiarity with configuration baseline standards such as CIS Benchmarks & DISA STIG
- Knowledge of encryption technologies (SSL, encryption, PKI)
- Strong experience with diagramming (Visio, Lucid Chart, etc.)
- Application development experience for cloud-based systems
Why you'll want to join us
Our people make Coalfire great. We work together on interesting things and achieve exceptional results. We act as trusted advisors to our customers and are committed to client-focused innovation as well as innovation in the industries that we serve. Coalfire offers our people the chance to grow professionally with colleagues they like and respect while tackling challenges that stretch their minds and expand their skill sets. We’re connected by our desire to innovate and our goal of helping to make the world a more secure place.
Plus, We Offer Great Benefits, Including
Coalfire’s high energy, challenging, and fast-paced work environment will keep you engaged and motivated. Work-life balance is a core priority at Coalfire – we work hard and we play hard, and the two often overlap. We host family-friendly events and happy hours along with professional meetups and informal networking sessions, and we’re active in our communities.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with an employer contribution
- Flexible paid time off (employees are encouraged to spend four weeks away from the office each year)
- A generous 401(k) plan
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SARs)
- A corporate wellness program
- Tuition reimbursement
- A kitchen stocked with snacks, coffee, and tasty beverages
Coalfire is an EEO employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to respecting one another, embracing individual differences, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
DC Tech People note: This job is usually in Reston, but remote during covid-19.