At Enveil, our engineers design and implement solutions that protect our users' data while it is being used. We allow users to run sensitive queries or analytics over data on untrusted servers, with world-first cryptographic algorithms that never decrypt the contents of the query or its results on the untrusted system. We're looking for full-time Software Engineers to round out our dev team and help meet rapidly growing demand.
Founded by NSA veterans in 2016 in Fulton, MD, Enveil has raised $15M in funding from top investors including In-Q-Tel, Mastercard, Capital One, USAA, Bloomberg, Thompson Reuters, C5, DataTribe, and more. We were one of the winners of the 2017 RSA Innovation Sandbox.
What you'll get to do
- Implement algorithms for secure processing of data on distributed systems, using techniques like homomorphic cryptography and trusted execution.
- Build distributed systems using technologies like Hadoop, Spark, and AWS.
- Harden algorithms and services against compromise.
- Build new services and APIs to improve user experience.
- Improve deployment pipeline.
- As one of the first ten engineers at an early-stage start-up, you'll be able to influence every aspect of the business, from technical direction to product design to company culture.
What you need to be successful
- Desire and ability to learn new technical skills, quickly and constantly.
- 7+ years software engineering experience.
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Proficiency with Java and Python.
- Prior experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Security architecture
- Database design
- Performance optimization
- Distributed processing (Spark, Hadoop)
- Full-stack web development
- Cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- US Citizenship
Benefits of working at Enveil
- You are evaluated on the quality of your work, not on how much time you spend in the office.
- Work hours are extremely flexible and vacation time is unlimited.
- Family friendly.
- Competitive compensation, including stock awards (RSUs).
- Top-quality medical insurance with 100% of premiums covered.
- 401(k) with matching contributions.
- Dental, vision, and FSA.