EVERFI is the leading education technology innovator that provides learners of all ages education for the real world through scalable digital learning platforms. Founded in 2008, EVERFI is fueled by its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscription model and has certified millions of learners with thousands of partners across 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico. EVERFI is an industry convener that builds Networks that tackle the toughest social issues. These Networks include the Prescription Drug Safety Network, Campus Prevention Network, and the Financial Capability Network. Some of America's leading CEOs and venture capital firms are EVERFI investors including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Twitter founder Evan Williams, Advance Publications, Rethink Education and Rethink Impact. To learn more about EVERFI visit everfi.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter @EVERFI.
The Director of Data Engineering partners with business and technology stakeholders, leading the establishment and maintenance of an analytics data models, pipeline architecture, strategy and roadmap. The Director is responsible for managing the engineering team responsible for addressing issues of “extract transform and load” (ETL), data modeling for reporting and analysis.
- Autonomously architect, develop, test, analyze and maintain advanced data pipeline applications for complex, extensible and highly scalable cloud based data platforms in support of the achievement of business requirements.
- Design, create and maintain the data platform data model at the conceptual, logical and physical level.
- Lead, manage, and grow a team of Data Engineers to ensure a high level of performance and efficacy. Guide the team with code review and in key architectural design and development methodologies. Help set goals and measure the progress of the team.
- Establish and enforce data security, quality, load, transport and performance models.
- Research, design, document and modify data pipeline software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
- Work with users and other stakeholders to gather requirements and provide follow-up and user training for assigned work.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder documentation and operations procedures, programs, security, etc. and assist in eliminating redundancy and automating manual processes.
- Evaluate and improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Develop standards and criteria for successful implementation of new systems.
- Collaborate with development leads of data source systems to suggest key enhancements to business rules and data definitions.
- Research and troubleshoot data questions.
- Perform build versus buy analysis on relevant solutions and technologies as necessary
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field preferred; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Demonstrated ability to architect and model mission critical Business Intelligence (BI), Online Transactional Processing (OLTP), Online Analytical Processing (OLAP), Extract Transform Load (ETL) solutions leveraging multiple Database Management Systems (DBMS) technologies.
- 7 years of experience with data storage products like (S3, AWS Redshift, Snowflake, teradata, etc), 9 years preferred
- 7 years of experience building ETL solutions using data pipeline products like AWS Data PIpeline (bonus points), Luigi, Airflow, Azkaban, 9 year preferred
- 7 years of experience with development of large scale, complex data architectures, 9 years preferred.
- 7 years experience handling large data sets using data manipulation languages such as Structured Query Language (SQL), python or R, 9 years preferred.
- 7 years experience with code hosting platforms for version control and collaboration such as GitHub, 9 years preferred.
- 3 year experience with data visualization technologies such as Tableau, Looker or PowerBI, 5 year experience preferred
- Familiarity with Apache Kafka, 1 year experience preferred
- Familiarity with Hadoop or AWS Elastic Map Reduce, 1 year experience preferred
- 1 year of experience managing teams of, 2 years preferred
Work-life, culture, & perks:
- Competitive base salary and bonus potential
- 401k program with company match and equity plan
- Comprehensive health care and excellent parental leave benefits
- Flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Fitness program membership discounts
- Casual work environment and great office locations
- Annual company-wide retreat
- Opportunity to work with talented people who have fun in the workplace
EVERFI appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is EVERFI policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. EVERFI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.