About the Position
FiscalNote is seeking a passionate and seasoned product leader that will continue to help us deliver best-in-class product suites for our clients. With a keen focus on technology and data, the Vice President Product will lead the product vision and strategy. Through partnership with various leadership teams, the Vice President will assist in the elevation of our customer experience by providing leadership in product development and management, strategic direction, operational leadership, managing vendors and the overall execution of delivering our product offerings.
About The Product Team
The Product team at FiscalNote is where the magic happens. The team includes product management, project management, user experience, design, and user research. Product works to understand customer and market needs and to design and deliver world-class solutions that meet those needs. If you want to work in a highly engaged and collaborative environment to solve emerging challenges, Product at FiscalNote is for you.
You are innovative and entrepreneurial in nature. You function well in the space between Product, Strategy, Tech and Business. You know what it’s like bringing several ideas from different parts of an organization into one cohesive vision. You're the person driving the conversation forward and thus helping propel FiscalNote forward.
What to Expect in This Role:
- Set the overall product vision and direction that supports the business and drives profitable growth.
- Define the product vision, strategy and roadmap to meet user needs and market demands.
- Present new ideas to senior management with clearly defined value proposition, ROI calculations and user and market demands.
- Support product directors and product managers to ensure the product team represents the voice of the customer as they work with others in the organization including Engineering, Data Science and Operations, Design, and Business Development.
- Build products using a customer-driven development approach.
- Understand the competitive landscape and industry trends that will inform product strategy and the roadmap.
- Work closely with our GTM teams to support sales and revenue growth through partnership with our marketing, customer service, sales and account management teams.
- Partner with corporate development and finance teams to explore opportunities to grow inorganically and be able to plan and execute on a robust acquisition and integration strategy.
- Be a member of the Research & Development leadership team responsible for nurturing a world-class team culture and responsible for driving strategy and execution across the team.
- Coach and mentor a team of product managers to drive individual growth and ensure consistent performance against goals.
- Be an advocate for the product vision and strategy to teams throughout the company and to customers and prospects.
- Create and communicate product roadmaps to others inside and outside the organization.
What Sets You Apart:
- 7 years+ in product leadership - including product management and/or product marketing.
- Substantial experience in managing senior level stakeholders
- Material knowledge of public policy or the legal information services market.
- A proven track record of achieving results against corporate objectives and product vision.
- Many experiences defining product roadmaps in business terms, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping releases across multiple workstreams.
- A strong ability to deliver compelling stories, including experience communicating concepts and ideas to engineers, creatives, and sales staff.
- A proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts.
- An ability to integrate as a team player and work cross-functionally, manage conflicting priorities, and drive results with creative solutions in a collaborative environment.