GetUpside is a retail technology company that uses personalized cashback promotions to bring shoppers more value and proven profit to brick and mortar businesses. As millions of shoppers earn 2 to 3 times more cashback with GetUpside than any other product, businesses nationwide earn more profit without changing their business models. Many other brands use the GetUpside Partner Platform to power their own app experiences, leaning on GetUpside’s proven methodology to help shoppers and businesses do better. GetUpside is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has driven hundreds of millions of dollars back into our local communities nationwide.
The Engineering team at GetUpside is a close-knit group of hardworking, fast-learning individuals that believes in our mission to help communities thrive. We believe in a data-driven approach to decision-making and an encouraging culture that emphasizes learning from our mistakes. We debate and deliberate on the best ideas to improve our tech stack, and strive for an inclusive atmosphere that champions the psychological wellness of all of our teammates.
- Kubernetes clusters in AWS EKS
- Java Dropwizard microservices using 12-factor principles
- Jenkins CI/CD pipeline
- Python 3 / AWS Lambdas deployed with Serverless
- AWS Services managed through Terraform (RDS (MySQL), DynamoDB, S3, Athena, SNS, SQS, IAM, VPCs, Elasticache)
- Improve developer velocity by optimizing CI/CD workflows, standardizing development patterns for services and lambdas, and implementing self-service tools for infrastructure requests.
- Identify and improve scale bottlenecks in our message-oriented architecture using best-practice patterns.
- Improve overall system resilience. For example, you might add caching, database clustering, or service discovery solutions where appropriate.
- Improve application and network security with industry best practices (e.g. using secrets management tools, locking down AWS VPCs/Subnets/Security Groups).
- You have strong analytical, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- You have software development experience in our tech stack.
- You have familiarity with performance monitoring in a distributed architecture with tools such as those provided by DataDog or NewRelic.
- You understand continuous integration and deployment standards and implementation.
- You understand application security and compliance best practices.
- You demonstrate the ability to bring code from whiteboard scribbles to running in production.
- You are passionate about working in a dynamic and growing startup environment with a tight-knit, encouraging engineering team that strives to make work interesting, challenging and fun.
- You have a constant desire for learning and self-improvement.
- GetUpside employees are currently working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Once it's safe to return to the office, this role will sit full-time at either our Washington, D.C. or Austin, TX location.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.