As a data scientist fellow with Invest Sou Sou, you will have the opportunity to develop analytical tools for a variety of research topics and client projects for the District of Columbia, Wells Fargo Foundation and many more. The assignments will allow you to develop a deeper understanding of the fintech industry, data analytics, big data and artificial intelligence (AI) while also developing your analytical skills
Candidates must have a right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by an employer.
- Collect, clean and organize financial and non-financial data using a variety of tools;
- Ensure data quality through review and validation with source material;
- Assist with financial, statistical, and econometric analysis;
- Conduct research using subscription database services, proprietary data, financial filings, and the internet;
- Other projects may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
- Senior undergraduate or graduate student majoring in Data Science, Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Statistics or Business Intelligence;
- Experience with or willingness to learn large, unstructured datasets;
- Familiarity with at least one statistical package or programming language (Stata, PYTHON, R, VBA, SQL, etc.);
- Ability to be flexible, work independently and be self-motivated.
- Strong programming, finance or banking skills desired but not required.