At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products. As a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and solves the challenges of one of the world’s largest, most successful institutions.
As an API Engineer at Kensho, you are a thoughtful, collaborative, and dynamic technologist with a knack for quickly understanding a wide range of problems sets and a passion for getting software into customers’ hands. In this role you will help deliver Kensho’s world-class machine learning capabilities to a broad customer set at scale through high-performing, secure, APIs.
This position is with our API Services team, which is primarily responsible for creating a:
- Platform for deploying, managing, and exposing machine-learning-driven API services
- Set of documented standards and guidelines for developing services for the platform
- Collection of scalable web services for both internal and external consumption
- Strategy and processes for supporting customers, both internal and external
If you’re looking to join a team that’s making impactful, scalable contributions that transform the way people think about data, we’d love to help you excel here at Kensho. We take pride in our team-based, tightly-knit startup Kenshin community that provides our employees with a collaborative, communicative environment that allows us to tackle the biggest challenges in data.
What You'll Do:
What We Look For:
How To Really Get Our Attention:
At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 20 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC) or Equinox membership (LA, NYC)
- Stipend towards commuter or gym reimbursement
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global. As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Transparent marketing examples to help you nail your interview.Learn More