Knock is on a mission to empower people to move freely. The Knock Home Swap™ makes it easy for consumers to buy their new home before selling their old one, skipping the hassles of living through repairs and showings, paying only one mortgage at a time, and having home prep covered upfront so their old house sells for the highest possible price. Knock currently offers the Home Swap in 15 markets in six states and plans to expand to at least 21 markets by mid-2021. Launched in 2015 by founding team members of Trulia.com, Knock has raised more than $600 million in debt and equity from top tier investors, including RRE Ventures, Foundry Group, Redpoint, Greycroft, Corazon Capital, Correlation Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital and FJ Labs.
As a Senior Product Designer
, you will lead the design for a first-of-its-kind native iOS and Android app. You will have a deep fluency in mobile UI patterns and excel at leading the design of simple and impactful consumer products while closely collaborating with a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment. You thrive on researching the user needs, designing meaningful products that delight the user and promote successful business outcomes. Your approach is deeply collaborative and you derive satisfaction from owning design from research, to discovery sessions, to product launch.
At Knock, we have fun, we move fast, we celebrate & support our fellow teammates, and we live by our POPSICLE values.
As a Senior Product Designer you will:
- Ideate, create, collaborate and refine workflows and patterns in the native mobile app experience to make our products delightful to use.
- Be effective throughout the entire product development process, from problem definition through to detailed UX and visual design to QA and testing.
- Provide support and prototypes during stakeholder interviews and user research and integrate findings into designs.
- Create wireframes and app workflow.
- Create high-fidelity visual design specifications using Sketch.
- Effectively communicate your rationale behind proposals. You can communicate complex ideas to the team and stakeholders.
- Partner cross-functionally with product and engineering leadership to represent the design team, lead design initiatives, and provide feedback in planning and product channels.
- Help guide, improve and implement design and feedback processes.
- Create and implement accessible and inclusive designs.
We’d love you to bring:
- Experience as a lead individual contributor on a product design team for consumer mobile experiences.
- Have an outstanding portfolio, showcasing a strong foundation in UX, interaction, visual design, and idea generation in the consumer mobile space.
- Web technologies and design software like: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suites, and InVision.
- Empathy: You thrive on building quality experiences for our users.
- Curiosity: You enjoy participating in stakeholder interviews and user research and integrating findings into final designs.
- Ownership: You are accountable for the success or failure of the product(s) you work on and find solutions to improve shipped work.
- Dedication: You have experience delivering native mobile apps and software from brief to shipping.
- Believe in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous.
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team.
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement.
What We can Offer You:
- Equitable compensation offered based on your accomplishments, experience, and what market data shows in your geographic region.
- Offering full medical, dental, vision benefits, flexible work schedules, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory), 401k, paid parental leave, and many amazing benefits to impact our people’s lives.
- Flexibility to live and work anywhere within the continental United States.
- This is a 100% remote, work from home, full-time career at Knock.
We are proud to be a distributed company from our founding with employees in 21 different states. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate team that is disrupting the status quo.
Knock, and it's subsidiaries, are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.This position is in the continental United States.