Hi Everyone! We're Lurn - The Transformational Home for Entrepreneurs. Our company is pioneering how Entrepreneurs learn and connect with each other (all over the World). Being an Entrepreneur can be a very lonely business - well, not for long.
We've built a Publishing platform from scratch that has 100+ courses on it and will soon allow for Entrepreneurs to connect, communicate and network with each other. Just in 2020, our business has grown 150%. We've more than doubled our team size and doubled our student base (yes, COVID ain't got nothing on us, we're growing even faster this year)!
We're quietly working on our Education & Connection Platform for Entrepreneurs (Lurn.com). This platform already has 500,000 members and is rapidly on its way to 10 million members. In 2020, we expanded our Engineering team from six to a team of 25 and we are continuing to grow which leads me to why you are here reading this job descriptionÃ¢ÂÂ¦ You could be next!
Our growing Engineering team is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer/ DevOps Engineer, to take the lead on keeping all of our user-facing services and internal systems running smoothly.
his will be a job for someone who loves fast paced environments, collaborating with other developers and departments, This is a critical role that will impact the educational experience of thousands of entrepreneurs by bridging the gap between engineering and operations. We are and always will be a startup ourselves at heart so we are looking for some passionate, hard working individuals who can handle a fast paced environment!
- In this role you will partner with Product and Operations teams to understand how users will use our software and formulate strategies to make sure production runs smoothly. Understanding what planned features means for testing, software configuration, monitoring / alerting, debugging and operating software is critical.
- As we move past strategy you will contribute to production issue triage and proactively implementing services to make our software more performant, available, resilient, and maintainable.
- User behavior changes and we are always adding new features. You will be our evangelist for thinking through the edge cases and looking for opportunities to implement improvements early in the software development lifecycle to prevent issues from ever reaching production.
You will be critical to the definition and implementation of solutions to improve the performance, stability, reliability, and effectiveness of our software. You will have a direct impact on the educational experience of thousands of the entrepreneurs!
- Participate in the on-call / off-call support triage, system operations/administrations, workflow, and rotation. Recommend and implement preventure solutions.
- Manage the provisioning and operations of our infrastructure and environments. Most of our applications are on AWS Cloud
- Build and own the software tools and develop practices to focus on automation across provisioning, integration, and deployment focusing on self service.
- Help ensure continuous integration catches issues as early as possible by building test tools, setting up code metrics, and implementing integration tests across systems
- Make monitoring and alerting solutions alert on symptoms and not on outages. Let's find issues before our customers or stakeholders do.
- Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions-and then into automation.
- Debug production issues across multiple systems and various levels of the stack
- Lead the growth of infrastructure and automation across the board
- Strong experience managing, maintaining, and automating infrastructure on AWS Cloud
- Deep hands on experience managing and maintaining Linux systems.
- Fluent in at least one higher order scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Strong experience automating the integration and deployment of software (e.g. Jenkins, CodeDeploy, Scrutinizer, CodeQuality tools)
- Strong experience using logging and monitoring tools to improve observability across systems (e.g. Rollbar, Cloudwatch, NewRelic)
- Experience with Terraform or other configuration management systems.
- Experience automating with software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems e.g. BitBucket.
- Experience with Databases (e.g. MySQL / PostgreSQL) and Middleware Infrastructure.
- Experience with on-call support tools and processes.
- Good communication skills.
Big Pluses / Nice to have
- Amazon AWS Cloud certification
.. If that doesn't excite you enough, maybe these perks will:
- Silicon Valley style office located in Rockville MD with snacks, games, nap rooms, and a gym!
- Competitive salary, 4 weeks of PTO, 401k
- Free Lurn swag!
- Company sponsored (virtual and in person) events and team building activities
- A team of motivated, fun, family oriented people from around the world!
** This position can be remote/telecommute ***