Lynker Technologies on contract to NOAA’s Office for Coastal Management (OCM) is looking for a Database Engineer with the following skill sets. This person can work remotely, but most be located in the Washington, DC metro area due to occasional office visits.
In This Position You Will
- Provide detailed analysis of problems; prepare detailed design documents with recommendation, support and enhance existing database schemas.
- Analyze performance of applications and take actions to prevent performance issues. Provide support to QA team with data comparison.
- Work collaboratively with other developers to design and develop databases and APIs needed for applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve production support issues.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of new processes that improve efficiency and enhance productivity.
- Expertise in database schema design and maintenance, expertise designing and tuning highly available and high-volume transactional database.
- Expertise with data replication and data migration tools and knowledge of the programming best practices.
- Provides input to and collaborates with cross-teams.
- Assists with planning, designing, documenting, installing, configuring and maintaining database systems
- Assists with developing, supporting and maintaining SQL PaaS databases in Microsoft Azure
Skills and Requirements
- Database modeling, designing and developing experience on MS SQL Server environment
- Extensive working knowledge of T-SQL
- Administering MSSQL Instances and Databases (routine maintenance, backups, restores, performance tuning, security best-practices (logins/users/permissions)
- Working knowledge of constructing and deployment of SSIS and SSRS
- Experience working alongside application development teams designing database schemas, tables, views, stored procedures, etc.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and design practices
- BA/BS (equivalent technical training and/or certifications can be substituted for academic degrees).
- years minimum experience.
- You will be expected to complete an on-site and/or take home assignment for this position.
Nice to Have, But Not Required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL/PostGIS and GIS products
- Experience with spatial and non- spatial data.
- REST API design experience with JSON and XML
- Working knowledge of ApexSQL Suite or similar tools
View Examples of Recently Developed Applications
- Adapting Stormwater Management for Coastal Floods
- Coastal Flood Exposure Mapper
- Historical Hurricane Tracks