MLT prepares men and women of color to secure high trajectory post-college jobs that deliver economic mobility for their families and then provides the social capital they need to become high-impact senior leaders who can transform our institutions and vulnerable communities. Spanning college through mid-career, MLT’s programs have driven breakthrough results for more than 8,000 underrepresented minorities and 130+ partner organizations including leading corporations, social-sector organizations, and universities.
MLT's unprecedented growth has us urgently seeking an Information Technology (IT) Manager, to assist with supporting the organization’s infrastructure and IT security needs, which are becoming increasingly critical as the organization scales. The IT Manager will support a range of cloud-based enterprise tools including Google Suite, Office 365, Zoom, Salesforce, Canvas LMS, and others. In addition, the Manager will support internal and external IT assessments and mitigations as the organization increasingly works with security-sensitive partners.
The successful candidate will have an innate desire to manage a stable and secure technology environment, so that the organization can focus on mission-critical work. While all of MLT is currently working remotely, when it it safe to do so this position will be based in MLT’s Bethesda, MD headquarters and reports to MLT’s Vice President of Technology and Analytics.
- Maintain and monitor essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, software, and hardware
- Handle mission-critical IT tasks and system administration
- Ensure MLT staff are properly trained and equipped with the right IT tools and services
- Support smooth day-to-day IT functionality across the organization, including managing upgrades, security, performance, distribution, and monitoring (50%)
- Analyze IT needs, identify risks and vulnerabilities, and boost productivity and efficiency to support organization operations (15%)
- Track and maintain hardware and software inventory (10%)
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or computer science
- Minimum of 5 years experience in IT management
- High emotional IQ in terms of customer service mindset with regard to supporting MLT staff and partners with technical tools and platforms
- Experience working across a broad portfolio of network, application, telecommunications, data integration, and web platform technologies
- Experience managing enterprise-level software, equipment/hardware, networks, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring (G-Suite Administration preferred)
- Excellent technical skills, a demonstrated knowledge of emerging technologies, and an enthusiasm around using technology to solve business problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
Transparent marketing examples to help you nail your interview.Learn More