We have an opportunity for a ServiceNow Developer to join our talented ServiceNow Practice at NetImpact Strategies. The successful candidate will have fluency in ServiceNow development principles and best practices, using them to develop enterprise business solutions for our customers. They will effectively leverage the ServiceNow platform and their own application development expertise. The successful candidate will be part of a cross-functional team responsible for building enhancements for the ServiceNow platform, implementing new products, and developing custom ServiceNow applications, as well as provide operations & maintenance support for legacy apps. We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate their ability to perform with agility and act with an understanding of the importance of our customer’s mission--delivering value by managing dynamic environments, objectives, and priorities.
- Proven experience as a key technical resource leading the development of solutions in ServiceNow
- Provide technical expertise and leadership, perform coding peer reviews, and ensure the ServiceNow team follows development best-practices
- Experience with implementation of Service Now product suites (ITSM, ITBM, ITOM), and working with associated platform features (SLAs, surveys, dashboards, workflow), as well as ServiceNow Studio, Performance Analytics, and other applications as they relate to ServiceNow
- Collaborate with System Administrators and ServiceNow Support concerning strategies and technical aspects of platform upgrades
- Create and maintain API and data integration processes between ServiceNow and other services
- Generate operational reports, executive dashboards, and KPI analysis as needed
- Prepare client-facing and internal deliverables that are technology-related
- Transform functional requirements into detailed technical designs that represent actionable development tasks
- Maintain system reliability through the utilization of the configuration and change management process
- Monitor health, usage, and overall compliance of applications
- Perform version upgrades
- Design and develop solutions within ServiceNow to include new and modified applications, forms, workflow, policies, actions, access controls, interfaces and any other customization required to support client processes
- Provide advanced support for ServiceNow by troubleshooting software issues, performing root cause analysis, and implementing bug fixes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or Business-related discipline, OR 4+ years of hands-on experience as ServiceNow Developer or ServiceNow Implementation Specialist
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator
- Experience developing and implementing systems using Agile/Scrum methodology
- 2 years of experience with web technologies such as DHTML, CSS, AJAX, XML, HTTP
- 2 years of experience with Server-side technologies such as: Rhino, Jelly, JSP, ASP, Node
- 3 years of Database technologies such as: JDBC, SQL, NoSQL
- Previous experience working with and mentoring junior ServiceNow developers
- Previous experience configuring and customizing all aspect of ServiceNow including: UI Actions, UI Policies, UI Pages, Business Rules, Client Scripts, Script Includes, Email Scripts, Scripted Web Services, Rest and SOAP web services, Roles / Groups to name a few
- Understanding and experience related to advanced ServiceNow development including the following:
- The Glide stack, Jelly, AngularJS, ReactJS, and MVC web applications
- Database relationships, views, query definitions, before/after business rules
- Must be eligible to meet government eligibility requirements
- Must be able to achieve Public Trust clearance
Perks of working at NetImpact Strategies:
- Your health comes first – we offer comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance that starts the first of the month after you join the team
- Invest in your future – 401(k) Plan – Immediately vested employer contributions; no matching required
- Work hard, play hard – we offer a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy and observe ALL ten (10) federal holidays
- Pawsitively pawesome – Pet Insurance (because our little critters are part of our families, too!)
- Invest in your education – Tuition reimbursement, internal training programs, & company-sponsored industry certifications
- Be part of a dynamic and collaborative work environment recently ranked by The Washington Post as a Top Work Place in 2019!
- Have fun and celebrate and give back – Team building activities, community volunteering, quarterly HQ days, & an offsite annual awards banquet
NetImpact Strategies specializes in Strategy and Business Transformation, IT Modernization, Data-Driven Intelligence, Cloud Services, and Cybersecurity. We are a team of skilled Consultants who listen to our clients’ needs. We design and implement comprehensive, tailored solutions that are both mindful of the client's culture and organizational dynamics. As mission needs change, new priorities emerge, technologies advance, and methodologies evolve; NetImpact stands out as a trusted advisor that can solve the challenges of today while looking for the opportunities of tomorrow. Our professionals stay abreast of these changes to provide agile, outcome-focused results for federal agency strategic and tactical needs. Approaching engagements as a partner, we provide solutions that empower our clients to achieve results that align with their mission and strategic vision.
NetImpact Strategies is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended (“ADA”), and applicable state and local laws. It is NetImpact’s policy not to discriminate against any qualified person or applicant with regard to any terms or conditions of employment on the basis of such individual’s disability. Consistent with this policy of non-discrimination, NetImpact will provide reasonable accommodations to an individual with a disability, as defined in the ADA or applicable law, who has made NetImpact aware of his/her disability, unless doing so would cause undue hardship to NetImpact. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within NetImpact, or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize NetImpact’s online employment application, please contact email@example.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NetImpact is committed to the development of a creative, diverse, and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at NetImpact will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. NetImpact does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws (referred to as "protected status").