At Olo, Engineering Managers enable and uplift their teams to achieve their best work through transformational leadership, people-focused management, and a passion for creating great software.
Olo is growing and we need leaders like you to help us scale. We have several open Engineering Manager positions including on our Business Systems, Client Operations, Ordering Operations, and Menu Services teams.
This is a full-time position. Candidates may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District, or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than 75% of our engineering team is remote! Candidates must have a legal right to work in the U.S and reside in the US.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Your team comes first. As a servant leader you’ll fully support the team.
- You’ll remain technical through facilitating design decisions and driving the team to their best technical abilities.
- Develop your staff through recruiting, mentoring, 1:1s, and goal orientated growth plans.
- Collaborating with Product, executive stakeholders, and the greater Engineering team to deliver results.
- Guide the development of the team’s vision and execution while removing impediments to the team’s progress
How We Work
- We foster a culture of collaboration, communication, accountability, skill sharing, belonging, mutual respect, and curiosity.
- We practice Whole Team Quality, no throwing code over the wall.
- System Reliability Engineering, Scalability, and Security are embedded throughout our software process.
- We are outcome not output focused.
- Our tech stack is rooted in .NET (C# and F#) and SQL Server running in AWS infrastructure and modern software engineering tools such as GitHub, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Datadog, and Sumo Logic, as well as heavy use of OSS .
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.