Our mission is to partner with government agencies to deliver digital services and infrastructure that makes programs simple, effective, and accessible to all. As a public benefit corporation, our intent is not to win as much work as we can, but to design a portfolio that makes the highest leverage progress against that mission.
Nava has a role in every important program that serves vulnerable populations and can apply industry-level ecosystem pressure to transform service experiences, program outcomes, and agency adaptability.
This role is on the Communications team, where you'll work with people across the company to tell clear, compelling stories that demonstrate Nava's impact and approach for external audiences. To get a sense of some of the writing you’ll help produce, check out Nava’s Insights, Case Studies, and Toolkits on our website: https://www.navapbc.com/
Please include a portfolio of writing samples with your application. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.What You’ll DoWork closely with Editorial Manager, teammates and other partners to translate business, technical and policy jargon into clear, compelling stories that show Nava's impact and approachSupport the development and adoption of Nava’s voice and toneHelp build relationships with publications to publish stories by Nava team members and/or about Nava’s work Support content development for communications initiatives like events, partnerships, newsletters, and social mediaCopyedit a variety of materials: from landscape reports to case studies to proposals Conducts competitive research and iterates content strategies based on audience needsUses voice and tone guide to develop content that delivers results and reaches company’s target audienceWorks with Communications Designer to deliver collateral that's on brandCollaborates with Communications leadership to ensure our content roadmap is grounded in Nava's brand strategy. Contributes to the communications strategy and plan to raise visibility, awareness, and preference for Nava. Tracks and analyzes content to optimize results.Pitches Nava content to external publications, conferences, etcCan identify and communicate content gaps based on strategy and existing content/source materialCan conduct interviews to extract source contentAbility to synthesize information and decisions from multiple stakeholdersTechnical, business or policy knowledge is not required, but you should have an ear for plain languageRequired skillsExperience: 2-4 years of writing experience, with a portfolio that demonstrates your abilityExcellent writing and copy editing skillsSolid research and interviewing skillsEffective collaborator and communicatorAbility to prioritize tasks and meet deadlinesAn ear for plain languageFamiliarity with AP styleMedia experience, either pitching stories or writing articles
Compensation: $46,750-$63,900 DOE
● Must have lived in the United States for at least three (3) of the past five (5) years.
● An active green card or citizenship is required.
● Candidates who are offered a job with Nava must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
● Offer of hire is contingent upon completion of a background check that includes a criminal record history review.
● Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Perks working with NAVA
● Your well-being is important to us, so we offer highly competitive benefits for medical, dental, and vision.
● 20 days of PTO accrued, 12 days paid federal holidays, 5 floating holidays, unlimited sick leave
● 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave and weekly meal deliveries during leave
● Sabbatical Leave
● 401k contributions match at 4% of your salary
● Flexible work arrangements
● $1,000 new home office set up budget, monthly phone allowance.
● Monthly partial reimbursement for utilities (where applicable)
● $2,000 annual tuition and professional development budget
● Equity stock options
● Employee referral program
● Commuter Benefits
● Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
● Life and Accidental Death
● Diverse, inclusive, highly collaborative and vibrant culture fostering remote work!
You can work in a hybrid work arrangement from one of Nava’s offices in NYC, DC or San Francisco. We also have fully remote options if you reside in one of the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington.
*If you are not living in one of the states listed above, unfortunately, you will not be considered for a position at this time.
Nava PBC equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values as a public benefit corporation but also enriches our ability to do our work. Learn more about where we are today and hope to be by 2025.
Please contact the recruiting team at email@example.com if you would like to request reasonable accommodation during the application or interviewing process.
We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.