Polka Dot Sky Software powers automated communications and workflows that drive contact-tracing, medical test result delivery, testing lifecycle management, vaccination programs, and local government services for millions of residents in the US.
We’re looking for motivated technologists to join our core team to help us scale our products and support tools and to expand the positive impact our solutions have on our communities.
When we say full stack developer, we want you to be an awesome back-end developer who’s dabbled with many different languages and frameworks. We’re also looking for someone who can hold their own when it comes to front-end development, databases, and even has interest in understanding more about user experience to help us shape amazing products.
WHAT YOU MIGHT DO ON ANY GIVEN DAY:
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other developers to understand business and technical needs and to build robust, scalable features
- Write automated tests (Unit tests, Selenium/WebDriver UI tests)
- Participate in paired programming with front-end developers
- Support customers in their day to day operations to better understand tools needed to empower them to be self-sufficient
- Analyze errors in our error reporting system and infer potential bug fixes and test cases • Analyze any discrepancies in our data to potentially fix bugs
- Advocate for new or improved development practices that increase craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of our solutions.
- Guide and mentor more junior developers, as well as pair with both junior and senior developers.
As in any startup, your roles will sometimes extend past other non-traditional development duties:
- Customer Service - Assisting users in troubleshooting and educating them on how to get the most out of our products.
- Prototyping - Building prototypes to test ideas based on conversations with clients.
- Sales - building demo functionality to help make a sale to a potential customer.
WE THINK YOU’LL ENJOY WORKING WITH OUR TEAM IF YOU:
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in technology communities, and mentor other developers.
- Can be flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive even when there are a lot of moving parts and prefer that over following rigid processes and guidelines.
- Believe that good application development includes good testing, good documentation, and good collaboration.
- Have great communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices while understanding other viewpoints and the need to find the best possible solution for everyone.
- Have a positive yet practical attitude; You are willing to take on any task that might help take one of our products, or our company, a little further.
THIS POSITION MIGHT NOT BE FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Are not comfortable with showing unfinished work to clients and users.
- Want to plan every aspect of an app before starting to code.
- Don’t really want to do front-end development.
- Prefer owning a project or area of code individually rather than working collaboratively.
- Like having a lot of structure to your work, like predefined processes and guidelines.
IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN APPLYING:
We’re a growing company and care very much about solving the tough problems that others haven’t solved yet and offering great growth opportunities for our team. Join us early on and contribute to our company DNA and success in the marketplace!
Our ideal candidate is going to hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, and we’d love to hear the story of how your experiences in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, or anything else is going to help you add to our team.
To apply, fill out the form below and submit:
- Your resume
- Examples of your past work, pet projects, open source contributions, or anything else you think shows off your development expertise
- If you have any additional questions, please contact email@example.com
APPLICANTS HAVE RIGHTS UNDER FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT LAWS:
- Please review the materials linked below, from the United States Department of Labor, to learn more.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)