As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing Services/Daemons/Drivers that enable information gathering and monitoring of system and network events. This work includes the design, development, and Tier 3 support across a variety of platforms and operating systems.
The position is highly technical requiring comprehensive, knowledge of operating systems, Active Directory, WMI, LDAP and protocol level network programming. Our ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, fantastic attitude and be comfortable addressing new challenges on a daily basis. We provide significant flexibility and autonomy to team members, have high expectations and expect everyone to contribute meaningfully to our broader collective goals.
- You will be working with functionally diverse teams and individuals to collaboratively design, develop, support and maintain software applications.
- Design applications as part of a multi-discipline team for Cyber, Insurance, and Finance offerings.
- Write exceptional code in either C/C++ or C# to meet Product team’s requirements, including development of all automated unit tests.
- Conduct root cause analyses of performance and instability of systems and designs with respect to accuracy and performance.
- Communication and collaboration skills for participating in & shaping the architecture and design of systems
- Technical team leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner
- Set and manage expectations with senior stake-holders, team members, and company management
What you bring to the team
- Experience with network programming, Windows Services & Drivers, and Linux Drivers & Daemons
- Protocol-level knowledge of programming (OSI 2, 3, 4)
- Expert-level understanding of authorization and authentication systems in computing environments
- A positive attitude around learning new skills and capabilities
- 10-15 years of experience developing similar Services/Daemons on Windows, MacOS, or Linux
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies
- Excellent communication skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full range of benefits, including 401(k) and medical, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible “Personal Time Off (PTO)” plan and 10+ paid holiday days per year