The Engineering Manager will lead Engineering teams in tackling challenges, primarily with the scope of a set of related technical disciplines. Managers are expected to be technically adept to guide and challenge the Engineering team to achieve exceptional results on behalf of QOMPLX. Engineering Managers are expected to be technical contributors and may also have primary ownership (hands-on) for development responsibilities.
· Supporting the QOMPLX culture to create an openly collaborative, productive, and entrepreneurial environment for success and innovation
· Leading a team of (potentially distributed) engineers in development across QOMPLX products, including management of engineers across functional areas.
· Interact directly with project teams, management, and staff to support customer deployments
· Allocate resources and direction across teams to meet deadlines, seeking guidance as required
· Track and report status of all projects during regularly scheduled program management update meetings
· Proactively build, communicate and lead improvements to project, product, planning and execution
· Coach, motivate and lead team to their optimum performance levels
· Functions as the hiring manager for a team and manages performance through reviews
· Assign learning activities, as approved by the Engineering Director, to team members to enhance the engineering capabilities of QOMPLX
· Oversee the development of well-designed and performant distributed services using scalable technologies
· Ensure that engineers are following approved practices to develop products and solutions
· Assist in the development of QOMPLX processes and selection of technologies in collaboration with technology Architects to achieve the goals of the Engineering team.
· Collaborate with peer Engineering Managers to enable cross functional success within the Engineering Organization
· Reside in the Reston, VA, Denver, CO area or able to relocate
· Bachelor's Degree or 8 years of relevant work experience
· 2+ years of experience managing and leading software development teams, with 5+ years as contributing software engineer
· Expert knowledge in a language/framework/technology, with advanced knowledge in multiple technologies applicable to the engineering functional domain.
· Experience with designing and developing RESTful APIs
· Effective testing and software quality assurance experience, including performance profiling, static analysis, and dynamic analysis, and the ability drive QA processes across the engineering functional domain.
· Exceptional technical leadership skills
· Problem solving and analytical skills relating to technical challenges
· Experience leading agile development within commercial projects or elite non-commercial research, using JIRA and associated Atlassian products
· Interest in simulation modeling, deep learning, and artificial intelligence
· Understanding of advanced mathematics concepts
Compensation & Benefits
· Competitive salary
· Full range of benefits, including 401(k) and medical, dental & vision coverage
· Flexible “Personal Time Off (PTO)” plan and 10+ paid holiday days per year
· Apply for this role at https://www.qomplx.com/careers/
· Please include a cover letter and your current resume with all inquiries
Transparent marketing examples to help you nail your interview.Learn More