SkySquad makes travel better. We remove airport stress by connecting travelers with a personal assistant to help them from curbside to plane door and vice versa. SkySquad was founded by a mom and two dads who have personally experienced the struggle of traveling with kids through an airport. Today, SkySquad offers support at 3 airports with plans to expand nationally. Airport assistance is provided by background checked, badged airport employees with a strong knowledge of the airport layout and an unwavering goal of helping others. As people return to air travel, now is the time to reinvent the airport experience.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and innovative Founding Engineer to help us reinvent the airport experience. You will be team member #5 and the first technical hire. The Founding Engineer will take SkySquad from 0 to 1 and beyond, building products and defining the company’s technology strategy and culture. We’re looking for someone who is ready to roll up their sleeves, has deep experience in eCommerce platforms/marketplaces, and is eager to learn and grow with SkySquad.
What You Will Do
- Build and own end-to-end (hands-on) development of SkySquad’s technology platform which connects travelers with squad members at the airport
- Design and implement a product roadmap and set the timeline of new products and features at highest level of quality and design principles
- Manage work by outside contractors as needed
- Be a key early leader shaping our culture, strategy, and product
- Craft our Engineering culture and set the quality bar high - help us design the culture you always wish you were hired into
- Opportunity over time to lead all technical functions - product, engineering, design, data, etc.
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- 7+ years of total experience with exposure to 0 to 1 startups - bonus for previous founding engineer experience
- First-hand experience building full-stack applications - consumer grade apps and enterprise grade web apps - and shipping & scaling products in an ecommerce or marketplace environment
- Experience working cross functionally with different stakeholders with ability to communicate in a clear, compelling way, and to drive decisive action in partnership with others both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently in highly ambiguous environments
- Strong business acumen; able to quickly grasp key business drivers and recommend how the company should respond
- Have a passion for travel and enabling everyone to enjoy air travel again