About Subject Matter
Subject Matter is a multifaceted creative advocacy firm; collaboration is integral to our success. Our full team comprises of experienced strategists, writers, media relations pros, designers, advertising experts, filmmakers and lobbyists. We call what we do Creative Advocacy. We help our clients shape the message environment, move public opinion and enhance and defend their reputation. By unifying communications and government relations, we spur action — in Washington, on Main Street and everywhere in between.
We are seeking a full-time web developer to help build interactive experiences. You will be responsible for open-source CMS development, front-end and animation as well as conceptualizing and executing clear, quality code to develop websites. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Technology.
- Use open-source frameworks to build state-of-the-art technologies.
- Build semantic, standards-compliant responsive WordPress and/or Drupal websites.
- Perform prototyping; database development and data modeling; data processing via RESTful Web services.
- Research, advocate and promote new technologies and best practices.
- Evaluate designs and wireframes for development and potential issues.
- Collaborate with Design and UX team members to prototype and design software which meets clients’ goals.
- Analyze and debug client systems.
- At least three years of experience with web development and content management systems.
- Knowledge of database architecture and management.
- Experience with WordPress/Drupal custom development and responsive theming.
- Experience with GIT version control.
- Experience with task runners (Gulp), pre-processors (SASS) and dependency management systems (Composer/NMP).
- Experience with the command line interface.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to thrive in a matrix, fast paced setting.
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
Subject Matter is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.
Transparent marketing examples to help you nail your interview.Learn More