We are an ambitious, well-funded startup with plans to change a $1 trillion-dollar global industry. This is no ordinary startup. We have a proven management team that has done it before, done it before together, and done it before in the travel industry. The company is overflowing with fiercely intelligent people who have tons of energy and an upbeat view of the future. We all act like owners and we get a huge kick out doing great work and doing it fast. We like it even more when we come up with a fresh way to solve a problem. Above all, we are devoted to solving customer problems, because that’s at the center of everything we do.
- You have 3+ years of experience in software quality and testing, preferably with experience testing web applications.
- You’ve been innovative with testing and quality improvement, finding many ways to prevent bugs from getting into production.
- You’ve built trust and rapport with engineering teams, and know how to be effective in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- You’re a strong critical thinker and test engineer. Not only do you test, but you run the right tests given current constraints, and know how to identify them.
- You enjoy thinking about test methodology and ways of improving it.
- You are looking to get in on the ground floor of a well-funded startup with a proven leadership team. Prior startup experience is a huge plus!
- You understand that great engineering teams are built upon relationships, just as much as they are built on awesome code.
ABOUT THE GIG
- The Quality Engineer will report to a Lead Quality Engineer. The primary duty of the Quality Engineer is to provide testing and quality guidance to a project as an individual contributor. Additional duties of the role are as follows:
- Become an expert on our products and find new ways to break them.
- Work collaboratively with software engineers on testing approaches for new features and capabilities.
- Communicate findings with others on the engineering and product teams.
- Creatively think about ways we can improve product quality at Upside at any point in our software development process.
- Work with our software engineers in identifying good tests for effective automation.
- Be an evangelist for Upside’s testing and quality culture.