Founded in 2014 in Washington, DC, UrbanStems has become one of the nation’s leading online flower delivery companies. With a mission to #SendHappy, we’ve launched partnerships with major name brands including J.Crew, Bumble, and Vogue. We offer a collaborative, open working environment with ample opportunity to learn and grow.
We’re looking for a thoughtful, well-rounded and motivated junior fullstack engineer to join our growing DC HQ. This is an ideal role for an engineer early on in their career looking to learn from a small but brilliant, hard-working, and fun team developing in an agile environment.
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to design, write and maintain code
- Contribute to development team meetings and troubleshooting software issues
- Participate in testing and implementing configuration changes
- Support the design process by participating in analyses of application requirements; assist in implementation of these analyses
- Improve the performance, reliability, and scalability of our current code and systems; document possible improvements and identify disruptions in processes
- Provide value directly to UrbanStems’ customers as quickly, reliably, and accurately as possible
- Desire to write clean, scalable, testable, and reliable software in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to adapt to new software and technologies quickly
- Experience with one or more SQL (i.e. MySQL and PostgreSQL) or NoSQL (such as MongoDB, DynamoDB or Redis) database technologies
- Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, SNS, SQS, S3, and Kinesis or equivalents is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively across technical and non-technical teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to shift gears quickly and effectively
- We’re a small, lean team; a desire to take ownership of tasks and projects is a must