UrbanStems is a modern floral and gifting company designed for thoughtful people. Founded in 2014 in Washington, DC, UrbanStems has become a leader in the space with their expressive bouquets, plants and gift options. From coast-to-coast next day delivery to same-day courier service in NYC and DC, they are helping people stay connected.
Named one of Inc. 5000's fastest-growing companies in 2019, UrbanStems has launched brand partnerships with Vogue, Bumble, JCrew and more. We offer a collaborative and open working environment with ample opportunity to grow and learn.
We’re looking for a thoughtful, well-rounded and motivated fullstack engineer to join our growing DC HQ. This is an ideal role for an engineer early on in their career looking to learn from a small but brilliant, hard-working, and fun team developing in an agile environment.
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to design, write and maintain code
- Contribute to development team meetings and troubleshooting software issues
- Participate in testing and implementing configuration changes
- Support the design process by participating in analyses of application requirements; assist in implementation of these analyses
- Improve the performance, reliability, and scalability of our current code and systems; document possible improvements and identify disruptions in processes
- Provide value directly to UrbanStems’ customers as quickly, reliably, and accurately as possible
- Desire to write clean, scalable, testable, and reliable software in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to adapt to new software and technologies quickly
- Experience with one or more SQL (i.e. MySQL and PostgreSQL) or NoSQL (such as MongoDB, DynamoDB or Redis) database technologies
- Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, SNS, SQS, S3, and Kinesis or equivalents is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively across technical and non-technical teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to shift gears quickly and effectively
- We’re a small, lean team; a desire to take ownership of tasks and projects is a must