UrbanStems is a modern floral and gifting company designed for thoughtful people. Founded in 2014 in Washington, DC, UrbanStems has become a leader in the space with our expressive bouquets, plants and gift options. From coast-to-coast next day delivery to same-day courier service in NYC and DC, we are helping people stay connected.
Named one of Inc. 500’s fastest-growing companies in 2019, UrbanStems has launched brand partnerships with Vogue, Bumble, JCrew and more. We offer a collaborative and open working environment with ample opportunity to grow and learn.
We’re looking for an email-focused marketer to help develop our CRM and engagement efforts. This role will be critical in informing strategic marketing decisions and objectives, driving traffic and generating sales while enhancing the customer and brand experience. You’ll analyze performance metrics and use these learnings to optimize and design the customer journey and grow LTV. Our ideal candidate is customer obsessed and hyper-analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit. We’re looking to hire this candidate out of either our New York City or Washington DC locations.
- Lead the execution of email and SMS campaigns creation to meet weekly revenue targets
- Create and update reporting for all email and SMS communications, and provide a weekly insights and performance report
- Own all key metrics such as open rate, active file size, clicks, conversion and unsubs
- Collaborate cross functionally with relevant teams (content, design, product and ecommerce, CX and business intelligence) to optimize and enhance the entire customer journey
- Inform and develop on new opportunities for automation, personalization, and data gathering
- Partner with our larger marketing and digital teams to maintain the digital marketing calendar, creating a cohesive brand marketing experience to meet ecommerce goals
- Conduct a multivariate testing roadmap (content, segmentation, and subject lines) to continually improve marketing effectiveness and identify best practices within each customer segment
- Work with our brand and creative teams to maintain the campaign calendar and ensure campaign assets are planned, completed, and proofed within set deadlines
- Manage the subscriber base and work with our ecommerce and paid marketing teams to accelerate growth of this list
- 2+ years experience in an email focused, D2C marketing role preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing preferred; a focus on quantitative fields (statistics, data science, economics) is a plus
- Experience creating and optimizing acquisition campaigns, including triggered, personalized, and marketing campaigns, as well as SMS
- Ability to ideate new and innovative campaigns, while maintaining focus on meeting weekly and monthly targets, and manage daily and weekly reporting
- Deep working knowledge in ESP; Klaviyo preferred
- HTML/CSS and SQL skills a plus (such as the ability to build queries and pull data in an SQL environment)
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills; strong ability to work cross functionally with multiple stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills, impeccable attention to detail, and an ability to prioritize multiple projects and quickly adapt in an evolving and fast-paced environment
We value diversity at UrbanStems. We welcome and employ individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.