The Deliverability Specialist provides technical deliverability support to our Customer Services and Support teams by troubleshooting Higher Logic email services issues and providing solutions. Maximizes clients' deliverability rates by monitoring their email campaigns, analyzing inbox placement, recommending, and helping implement best practices. Ensuring that Higher Logic and its clients are always up to date with the most recent industry laws and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigate and address email delivery problems by communicating with Internet Service Provider (ISP) abuse desks, email block-list, and anti-spam technology providers in a professional manner.
- Monitor clients to ensure they are complying with our acceptable use policy. Work with Customer Experience to correct non-compliance issues.
- Monitor the Higher Logic Internet Protocol (IP) and Domain Name (DNS) space against known block-lists.
- Provisioning of new customers with a new IP address and/or new DNS records for the recommended sending domain.
- Review deliverability results with customers, providing information on best practices to improve delivery.
- Troubleshoot fundamental Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) and DNS services within a live production environment
- Generate and review reporting related to deliverability-focused metrics such as bounce rates, open rates, bounce details, et
- Email Authentication setup (Sender Policy Framework (SPF), DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM), and Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (DMARC)).
- Conduct all business in accordance with Higher Logic policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express technical functions and processes in terms understood by their audience.
- Comfortable speaking with clients and ISP representatives
- Proven track record of investigating and resolving technical problems.
- Experience with outbound or inbound email deliverability is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Understanding of email industry legal compliance and privacy issues.