Walmart’s Digital Retail Services (DRS) group is responsible for enabling an Omni-services experience for customers that want to engage with us online, via the Walmart App, or in-stores for custom services focusing on many aspects of their day-to-day life. Walmart is investing in transforming these spaces with the latest technology and we are looking for a talented individual who can use their engineering and leadership skills to help our teams solve complex problems. You will be part of the application development team in researching, designing, solving, and reviewing products that enable self-service, mobile-first, bleeding technology that allows our associates to become faster and more efficient as they work with our customers.
What you'll do...
- Provides support to the business for new and existing systems by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of own domain.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams when needed; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; and completing online documentation.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if You are:
- A problem solver
- Have a breathe full-stack development day and night
- Familiar with design thinking for web and mobile app experiences
- Comfortable with Native and React.js Native development
- Have a great eye for detail and can articulate the specifics of quality design while enforcing engineering principles
- Organized, disciplined, and can manage large project simultaneously
- Have high standards for code quality and can hold contributors accountable
- Stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
- Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience as a hands-on Frontend Engineer on a mobile framework
- Expert in Mobile App Development with React Native technologies
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret and follow technical plans
- Experience with cloud-native technology and CI/CD
- Experience in Azure cloud architecture and deployments and strong understanding of cloud technology, including - Azure Offerings, Cloud storage, Cloud security, Cloud migration.
- Experience in building of large-scale data pipelines using big data technologies (i.e. Spark/Kafka/Cassandra/Hadoop/Hive/Presto/Airflow).
- Experience in scripting languages (e.g. Python, Graph QL), and SQL.